Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Work On Solving Your Toughest Genealogical Problem at SLIG in 2015

Jennifer Dondero enrolled in the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy's (SLIG) "Problem Solving" course two years ago. She shared the benefits of the course with me:

"What I found really beneficial about PS was working with the small group. The other group members thought about your problem differently so you got the expertise of the consultants but also a different point of view on the research process from the group members. Although I didn't solve my problem, I ended up developing some note taking templates which I use personally and professionally. They make a huge difference keeping my personal research organized and ready for the next research session (which could be years away) but professionally they sped up my reporting process as well as providing a quick check if I come back to the project at a later date. The entire group gave input that led to creating the templates and basically highlighted issues I would run into but I just wasn't thinking of at the moment. There were a number of organizational items I created for my project during the class thanks to the input from the group and consultants. I didn't solve the one problem I brought but it's helped with every project I've worked on since then, personally and professionally."

Besides working in small groups and benefiting from their unique insights, the course also provides consultations with a genealogical expert and guided research at the Family History Library. Because of the time-intensive aspect of the course, registration is limited. Don't miss out on the opportunity to obtain tailored genealogical research assistance with the problem of your choice. 

Registration opens June 1, 2014 at http://www.infouga.org/cpage.php?pt=42. Additional information on the "Problem Solving" course can be found here: http://www.ugagenealogy.org/cpage.php?pt=328.

Start your new year off right by working on solving one of your toughest genealogy problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment