Pages

Monday, June 12, 2017

Thoughts on Attending SLIG from a 2017 Scholarship Winner

Winner of the Jimmy B. Parker scholarship for the 2017 Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG), Paula Furick, shared her thoughts on attending SLIG: 

"I was fortunate to attend SLIG 2017; I took Tom Jones’ Advanced Genealogical Methods. Little did I know how it would change my skill level and my participation in genealogical research! Spending five days on a topic allowed me to immerse myself in Dr. Jones’ frame of reference. He led us sequentially into more and more complex problems, and this, I realized about a month later, changed the way I approach  new research problems. Another exciting facet of the experience was the opportunity to meet and discuss genealogy topics with other people who ‘get it’. No glazed-over eyes here! Consider seizing the opportunity to attend and participate!"


Are you interested in supplementing your SLIG tuition payment with a scholarship? There are two SLIG-sponsored scholarships available, and information about outside scholarship opportunities posted on the SLIG website.

No comments:

Post a Comment